Lift support is a type of gas spring which is different from typical metal spring. Its working principle is that a compressed gas is contained in the cylinder and compressed by the piston to produce elastic force. Lift Supports are the most common gas springs in the marketplace.
Lift Support is an industrial fitting with many functions, including support, braking, height and angle adjustment. It consists of the following parts: pressure cylinder, piston rod, piston, guide sleeve, sealing,the filler (inert gas or oil and gas mixture) and other components, which can meet individual requirements for the opening, closing, tilting and damping of flaps.
Gas charged lift supports are energy storage devices that create energy by compressing gas inside a cylinder. When closed the energy is stored. When opened the energy is released to raise a hatch, hood, liftgate or trunk, holding them safely in an open position.
Lift supports normally store a gas charge of 1,500 psi, therefore they cannot typically be compressed by hand.
Lift Support usage can be broken into two categories: Automotive specific applications and Universal applications.
Lift supports are pressurized cylinders that are used to support hoods, hatches and rear window glass in automotive applications.
Exact fit original equipment design guarantees correct fit and function
Engineered and built to meet or exceed original equipment quality standards
Individually tested for performance and reliability
Hardened, nitride plated steel shaft provides optimal durability
Rubber O-ring piston seal prevents leakage for a controlled lift and consistent performance
Heavy gauge steel body is electrostatically painted and heat cured to OE specs
Self-Cleaning Piston Assembly provides smooth operation and more reliable performance
Upper bushing is manufactured with quality precision providing exact fit and promotes longer operating life
No special installation tools required
Features & Benefits
- ISO9000, ISO/TS16949 qualified.
- ROHS , SGS certification available
- Salt spray testing certification available
- Tensile load rating testing report available
- Full Line of standard gas springs in stock
- High volume OEM supply
- Springs made from carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Rod finishes: black nitride and chrome plated
- Standard stock sizes from 10mm to 300mm of stroke and forces from 225N. to 180000N.
- Custom designed springs available with unique features such as reduced compression ratio, high temperature seals, food grade oil fill, high speed extension, low friction etc.