Please ensure that no damage happens to the piston rod, otherwise it might break the internal seal, specifically:
Do Not Scratch, Dent, Chip, Bend Or Paint The Rod
Rod Damage Will Invalidate The Guarantee
On standard gas springs (no special internal oil chamber) there is a seal where the piston rod enters the cylinder. For correct working, this seal must be lubricated by the oil within the cylinder.
For this reason standard springs must be:
Stored with the rod down
Fitted with the rod down
If it can not fit the springs rod down, fit them so that they are in rod down position most of the time. Please contact Gastac regarding special oil chamber gas springs.
Gas Springs are pressurized with inert nitrogen gas.
Do Not Puncture Or Incinerate
Gas spring has nitrogen gas in the cylinder, and through the piston, there is elastic features for it. The product does not require outside work force, and its lift force is stable, free extending and compressing(lockable gas spring can be positioned anywhere). Therefore, its application is very wide, but the following points shall be noticed when we install it:
- The gas spring piston rod must be installed in the down position, no reverse, which can reduce friction and ensure good lubrication and buffer damping performance.
- To confirm installation position can guarantee that the gas spring works properly. The gas spring must be installed with the correct method, that is, when it is closed, let it move in a line, otherwise, the gas spring will often automatically open the door.
- In order to ensure the reliability of sealing, the piston rod surface should not be destroyed. It is strictly prohibited that the paint or chemical should be coated on the piston rod. And it is not allowed to install the gas spring in the desired position before painted.
- The gas spring force should not be tilted or transverse forces acting on the working.
- Gas spring is high-pressure products, non-random Puncture and Incinerate.
- It is prohibited that anticlockwise direction should be operated with piston rod. If you need to adjust the fitting direction, can only turn clockwise direction.
- Installing the coupling point, should be flexible rotation, which means it can not have jamming phenomenon.
- The use of ambient temperature: -35 ℃ – + 70 ℃. (Specific manufacturing 80 ℃).
- Gas spring reasonable size is needed, and the force should be appropriate. There is 8mm more to work after gas spring installation.